Saturday, August 24, 2013

Art, Gym, Love (AGL)

It is the equivalent to "Mind, Body, Soul."

On my way to and from work, while stuck in rush hour traffic, I like to think about a lot of things.  I have to think about things or else I might get sleepy behind the wheel.

2 weeks ago, I wasn't feeling like myself. I felt less energized. Got lazy with my home projects. Couldn't think creatively. Was getting easily annoyed by small things.

I don't usually feel like this. Everyone knows me as the hyper, upbeat, happy-go-lucky guy that would do whatever he could to make someone smile.

Why was I feeling like this? I was feeling a little worse and worse as the days passed.  I didn't work out at the company gym for 2 weeks and I felt bad about that as well.  Every time I would think about working out again, I would just tell myself, "meh. Too busy. I'll do it tomorrow." or some other lame excuse.

Then, one day, I decided, I'm going to hit the gym today. No excuses.

As the work day came to a close, I thought, "nah, I should go ho-- NO! GO TO THE GYM!" I stayed there for about and hour and a half.

I felt great after words. I came home more energized. I felt alive again.

The day after, as I drove to work, I thought about what just occurred. That is when I came up with Art, Gym, Love (AGL). (Yes, it's a kind of play on GTL. So what.) In order to be a complete person, one should practice AGL everyday.

Art - Do something productive and creative. Whether it be drawing, singing, dancing, coding, web designing, costume designing, etc. Do it everyday to continually learn and improve in your craft. Don't do it for the fame or fortune. Do it for art.  

Gym - Hit the Gym everyday (or least often).  Keep your body in shape so you may live longer to learn more and continue to perfect your art.

Love - Love and respect those that are better at your craft and learn from them.  Love and respect those who are new or less skilled at your craft by teaching them what you have learned. Love and respect the ones who have helped you get to where you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment